miércoles, 5 de mayo de 2010

my field

I dont know if you knew that Im studying obstetrics.

it a very beatifull carrer, and im going to tell you a little bit about the first midwife in Chile.

The first midwife that came to Chile was Isabel Bravo. She came from Lima, Peru.

She was authorized to practice in 1568.


Thanks to her work on July 16th, 1834 was faunded the first Obstetrics school to improve the birth problems in the country, because it wasn´t anybody well trained.

She was the only midwife recongnized for the country, even, important people as Benjamin Vicuña Mackena talk about she in his writes.

thanks of her important and recongnized work was posible the fundation the first obstetric´s school and the gave importance to the midwifes and recognize her beatifull and difficult work.

This is a really old profession, now we call it obsterics or midwifery, but the labor work as been happening thanks to other people, maybe not recognized by the biomedicine, but their work it is also very important, the native midwifes, has also been tdeveloping this beatifull work of bring kids to the world.






4 comentarios:

  1. I never heard before about Isabel Bravo. Of course I know benjamin Vicuña, the actor obviusly :$ jajaja
    I love you Veroncé! :D <3

    ResponderEliminar
  2. I also never search fot the first midwife in chile! i should. well it was very interesting post. I will read you more frecuently.

    Kisses!

    ResponderEliminar
  3. I never heard about Isabel Bravo, until now.
    It's sooooo... interesting :)¨
    I like your blog, I'm gonna follow you.
    Bye! (K)

    ResponderEliminar
  4. I like it! Because is really interesting know about the first person in our profesion.
    kisses
    bye!

    ResponderEliminar